Around the Sidebar in 120 Seconds
- Japan: home to the ugliest children ‘alive’, courtesy Taro1.
- Shaggy@Arcade Heroes is back in form this week with lots of arcade-related chicanery and a new podcast.
- Τυχερός Cat takes a blackjack to Sony’s skull with some scathing, mini-commentary.
- Jack tells it like it is.
- KoG caps off Skies of Arcadia then moves into a semi-verbose rant about graphics. (And FYI: I’ve played–and enjoyed!–some proto shooters with nothing but Xs and Os!)
- In some sort of Internet funhouse-cum-universe-collapsing event, P2P links to me and I link back to him and he links to me and I link back to him and…BOOM.
- The Nerd links to a take on the Natal’s prospects for success, but none of it matters because the target audience won’t shell out the mad cash for this sort of experience, period.
- The Wanderer says something about E3 but, alas, I caught sight of the second post down the page and all I can think about now is a nice pina colada straight from the coconut(s).
- Fei keeps updating, if only to appease those to which he has vowed obeisance2, with a weird/neat little ditty on a show most you probably don’t watch/don’t know exists.
- Sidebar newcomer, Ultimate Zig Works, reviews one of the most underrated (and maligned) shooters of recent history: Thunder Force VI. (For the record, I 100% agree w/his take.)
- And the Knight, taking some time off in a faraway land, still finds time to post about the imminent demise of the male sex, via The Atlantic.
1 Which isn’t to say these are what Taro’s offspring would look like, of course, for his would be a mighty race of mighty hybrid canuck/nihongin, bent on world domination via really, really weird posts.
2 French for: kneel before ECM!